- Thrift and dollar stores are a great place to find frames for a steal. You can also buy framed art on clearance, remove the art and insert your own. I got my black frame at Family Dollar for $6. Ikea has cheap frames too.
- Make sure you DO NOT buy a frame with acrylic instead of glass. They're priced lower but the dry erase markers will NOT come off!! I learned this the hard way :(
- If you want cheap fabric, head to the remnant section of the fabric store. Wrapping paper is also an affordable solution.
- If you're making a calendar, make sure the frame is at least 14" x 18" or else you won't have much room to write in the squares with a dry erase marker.
- Use ribbon or electrical tape to make the lines for your calendar or to do list. I chose electrical tape because it's relatively thin, comes in many colors, and comes off the frame without leaving any residue.
- For a desktop dry erase frame, add floor protectors to the back so it can easily slide around your desk. You can get a pack for $1 at Dollar Tree.
- Write away!