- lay out old newspaper/paper bag
- position the lampshade with the seam facing down on the edge of the paper
- starting at the seam, roll the shade across the newspaper, tracing both the top and bottom edges as you roll
- stop rolling when you get to the seam again
- cut out your new template and use it as a guide to cut your fabric. Add 1" to the top and bottom
- attach fabric to shade using adhesive
- make small cuts at the top and bottom to help the fabric lie flat as you fold it underneath the shade
I had a hard time with the last step and would recommend NOT adding 1" to the fabric (step 5). Instead cut the fabric to the exact size of your template and then use ribbon to cover the top and bottom seams. For instructions on using ribbon, check out the Fat Orange Cat blog.