I got the Uno home and it worked like a charm. The thing practically propelled itself across my floor! I was able to vacuum the whole living room rug this time before needing to empty the canister.
Some other pros:
- light at the front for seeing hidden dirt (Jerome's fave part!)
- attachments great for vacuuming curtains and furniture
- edger on the right-hand side to help get all the dust bunnies that hide along the wall
- long cord so you don't have to switch plugs every room
- AWESOME handle: round handle that's comfy and perfect for getting under couches
- handle can be adjusted to different heights
- easy empty canister
Several people were upset with the noise. When was the last time you heard (or didn't hear) a quiet vacuum? One woman was upset that when she stood her vacuum upright in the stopped position, the air vents caused dust to fly around. Perhaps her problem was that she was trying to vacuum with the thing standing straight up! I'm pretty sure that's not how you're supposed to do it! Another person was upset because he wanted the edger to be on both sides instead of just on the right. Most vacuums don't even HAVE an edger so the fact that the Uno has one at all is a plus! Be glad with what you have.
There were, however, some cons that I did agree with, all having to do with the cord/attachment area:
- bottom attachment doesn't always stay in place
- the cord area is WAY too tight...you can barely get all of the cord in there!
- the hose is a little short
Though I love my new vacuum, I think I'm going to keep the box around for awhile, just in case it turns out to be a lemon like the other one! Fool me twice...